Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Starving Artist

It's so funny how this Industry works. Most of the time you have to work for free to get paid even if you're experienced. Then because you're working for free so much, you have to find a regular job. But then, when you get the regular job, either they don't hire you because they know how us "starving artist" types are. We're all just passing through to get the next paid job. Or you get the job but you can't get any flexibility to film anymore.

I've been looking for a regular job for a while in order to save up for gear. Mainly a Letus 35 adapter and some Nikons. But, I seem to have terrible luck with finding work. I wonder if it's me or them. I've even been scammed along the way but thank goodness I didn't lose anything but my time. I love to hear the promise of paid work after working a long shoot day but it's getting harder and harder to keep pushing for it.

There's this other world past the film school, free work ads on craigslist realm. There's a realm where everyone is getting paid great money to do what they are so good at and what they love. I feel like I'm breaking grounds but I hope it's not just an illusion.

1 comment:

  1. just keep it up...you'll hit it big on day.

    ReplyDelete