Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Things are looking up!

This is my very first Blog so this one is going to be long, haha. So the past week has been amazing for me. I was assigned to PA on a music video for J-Martin's "Intentalo". I ended up doing G&E work which was awesome. The music video was shot on the RED ONE.

.


This was actually my first time around the RED and I was more amazed with it in person than watching clips of it online. The quality blew my mind. More importantly, I met some amazing people on set. Shout outs to Sophia Leang (Producer), Bruce Cole (DP), Brenden Cochrane (1st AC), John Pyatt (Key Gaffer), and Jason Eberhardt (Key Grip). You guys were amazing to work with and I hope to be on your call sheet in the near future. Check out some of their websites:

http://www.brucecole.fm/

http://www.tonysegreto.com/
http://sophialeang.com/

I learned several new lighting techniques and some lighting equipment. This shoot allowed me to work with HMI's and ballasts which is great knowledge for future shoots. I also learned the in's and outs of being a Dolly Grip which is something that I never had to do before.

Right after the music video wrapped. I lensed and lit a short film on Monday called "Gift Of Life" written and directed by Arjae Franko. He actually DP'd the first half of the film but desperately needed more crew members, so I came in and relieved him so he could focus on directing. The film was shot on the Panasonic HVX200 with a Letus 35mm Extreme adapter and Nikon AI-s primes. We only used a 50mm and a 28mm lens the entire time.

The shoot went from around 3:30pm-3:00am so it was a long day but we all had fun and shared laughs so it wasnt that bad. Although Arjae getting us lost in Brooklyn at 4:00am wasn't as fun, haha.
On the way home we ended up being lost for almost 2 hours before finding our way to the city. I actually didn't get home until around 6:00am. Good Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment